Can you summarise your role in one paragraph?
I’m responsible for anything to do with finance and payroll at Woodley BioReg.
What’s the best part of your job?
Learning news ways of working that I’ve not experienced before and becoming more knowledgeable with those that I have.
What was your journey to Woodley BioReg?
I’ve done various roles throughout my working life. From being an information analyst, to computer programmer, to training consultant and finally moving into finance a few years ago. My previous role was in a high school, so this is a very different environment to that.
What would you like to achieve at work in the next 12 months?
I’d like to learn as much as I can about the industry and increase my financial knowledge.
Can you describe what life is like at Woodley BioReg?
It is a professional yet friendly business. I have never worked in the healthcare industry before, so it’s very interesting.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
When I was little I wanted to be a teacher.
Share an interesting fact about you that not many people know?
I’ve jumped out of an aeroplane a few times!
How do you switch off while away from work?
I spend quite a bit of time watching my children in their sporting activities. Otherwise, I enjoy keeping myself fit and love being outdoors, be it walking, running, or cycling. I’m also passionate about fundraising for charities close to my heart, whether that’s a Macmillan Coffee Morning, walking the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge or organising a big event like a ball or ladies night.
Tell us five places you love to visit – whether they are geographical locations, eateries, attractions, shops, or anything else!
- I’ve been fortunate to travel widely across the UK and the world. One of my favourite countries visited is New Zealand – it’s a stunning and diverse country.
- South Africa is another place I love – with its natural beauty, wildlife, and wineries.
- I love Scotland too. Edinburgh is one of my favourite cities and I have lots of family in Glasgow, Edinburgh, and the surrounding areas.
- Mountains and hills – I live in a hilly area so can go on a good walk from my front door. I love travelling to the Lake District or Peaks or other hilly places too.
- A music gig, comedy night or night at the theatre – all of these are great fun. Oh, and going out for dinner – I love food!
- I want to write more than 5 as I love lots of other stuff too!
What’s one great piece of wisdom you’ve learned in work or in life?
Success is about doing what you love, being healthy, and surrounded by people you love.